Monday, February 11, 2013

OH WOW...VERY SPECIAL EMAIL

I hope with all my heart that everyone will read and remember this email and remember your families and love them
 
Elder Houston's email:
January 21, 2013
 
hey family!!! 
  i dont have much time but i wanted to just email you all and tell you how much i love you sooooooooo much.
if there was anything that i could narrow down and say, the most important thing that i gained from my mission, it would have to be the extrodinary love that i have gained for my family. 
in all the times of trouble and tribulations the ups and downs you have been my steady anchor always steadfast the blessing i will always have for time and all eternity. oh and how greatful i am for that and that made possible through the restoration of the church and even further more because of the atonening sacrifice that our Lord and King made for us to open the gates to enernal life.
all through my mission i have had reminders of things that happened through my life that have shown me time and time again of your tenderness and kindness to me and others. especially you mom and dad. the hidden expresions of your love for us kids are intertwined in our lifes and memories and will forever be there to lift us when we are down and build us stronger when we are up. when the very bells of hell are ringing and times of hardship rein down upon us, we will turn to each other and come close together like armies of stripling warriers. covering each opening or weak point that we each have with our sheilds of truth and righteousness and of each of our strengths protecting each other from the firie darts and blows from the adversary. as we continue to work together and with the Lord as our master and chief we can make it through anything and we have so far :).
im so greatful for the gospel that builds us and keeps us close so that we can keep safe. the gospel truly has in innumerable ways blesses families. i know this with every bit and peice of me heart. im so greatful for my mission opening my eyes to this eternal truth and i pray that i may never cover my eyes or turn them from this. and i am soo thankful for everyone that made it possible for me to be out here and of course, im so blessed and greatful for our wonderful, fantastic, imperfect but yet so perfect family :) that my Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of.
i love you so much!!! thank you for everything!! hope you have an awesome week and cant wait to talk to you next week !
 love elder houston
 
love ya 
dad
mom
shalyse
chase
kael
claire
tori
tyler
hunter
anthony
and all others !!  

No comments:

Post a Comment