Tuesday, March 5, 2013

WOOHOO HE IS STAYING PUT

Elder Houston has two transfers left....wow its coming up fast
 
Elder Houston's email:
March 4, 2013
 
hey mom... so first thing first... I wrote you a big letter and ha still have not sent it ha... so I will get it off today and I have a sweet talk to send home. listen to it for fhe its awesome!! and also I got the package thanks soooo much and LOVED the letter from Cameron ha made my week!
 
so all is going great here... we got transfer calls and im staying here, so is my companion. we are working hard and trying to stay focused ha. the trunkyness is starting to set in haha. I think its just more excitement to see you all!! :) but im trying to keep my mind on the work ha. its like an emotional roller coaster haha, up and down up and down. im going to need the Lord so much in these next few months. im really scared for the BIG changes, but I know he will help just like He did when I left on my mission.
 
so this week we got to do a TON of service, not as much teaching as I would have liked but its ok with all the crazy storms that been going on here we had to go to the food bank place. we help out three times this week. it was fun!! I love it there. soo many wonderful people just trying to make the area a better place. we also had a couple of really awesome lessons with some investigators that hit a road block and now they are on the move again. sooo close to recognizing the truth and committing to baptism. there are a lot of people out here that do not have an education like grown adults, that cant read. its so sad and hard for them to grasp the things we teach, but through the holy ghost and divine means they have taken in sooo much and are progressing so much. its so awesome to see. it also just builds my testimony in the prophet Joseph smith. how he himself were like these brothers and sisters and he through the Lord became the Greatest prophet in our dispensation. Only through our Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost could that  happen. and wow has it shown me the importance of an education.
 
  this week I have also had the wonderful opportunity to get to know the ward of Lebanon and wow I love them. they are very different but wonderful people and saints. im learning soo much from them. im super happy I am able to finish up here. ha speaking of Lebanon, I cant remember if I showed you this awesome scripture I found a lil while ago, if I did sorry ha but its in 2 nephi 27:28 haha its cool and has proven to be true so far :) ha.
 
it also was stake conference this sunday for the mid western states. they did a broadcast from salt lake to all the states in this area of the US. it was soo awesome elders Christenson, Hawk and Oaks talked and sister reeves I think was her name.  wow... was so powerful. my mission has made me grow to LOVE stake conference! and it got me super pumped for general conference !
one thing that comes to mind that someone said wish I remembered who but they said, a way to  see if someone is truly becoming converted is based on the sacrifice they make. the Lord made that Great and Last sacrifice, there are wonderful people all around the world that sacrifice so much for the blessing of this gospel. it makes me so happy to see the sacrifices that you all make for me to be out here to share the gospel. I pray that its been a building block to all your testimonies as it has been for me. as well its an example to me and a drive for me to be more converted to the gospel and cheerfully sacrifice more, haha cheerfully being the key word. I need to work on that more ha. wow it is so awesome to see the quiet and divine workings of the Lord and to be able to receive the witness each time from the Holy Ghost. He really is there. I know it with all my heart and am sooo greatful for the testimony that I do have now. I love yall so much and will talk to you next week
love elder houston

No comments:

Post a Comment