Monday, August 20, 2012

NEW MISSION PRESIDENT....NEW AREA

Hopefully i will get some pictures soon from his new area and mission President Shumway...
 
Elder Houston's email:
July 2, 2012
 
hey family !
 
sorry this going to be short email. the email thing for our new mission pres got all changed around so i just trying to figure it out and now i running low on time. but all is well in my new area we had transfers on tuesday this transfer instead of the usual thursday. i think it was because the new pres coming. but so i got up at 4:00 am! to drive all the way to the transfer loop then left at 6:30 am and the assistance needed me to drive the loop on the south side ha so i got to drive for the first time in like 10 or 11 months. it was kinda scary but i guess its like riding a bike. because i still can do it. so that was fun tho.. i got to go all around the mission and see so many of all my mtc district and all my old comps!. i saw elder treasure!!!! haah he is still short haha and he had a present for me! i love that man haha. he also like i totally told him he would when we were companions that he would become an assistant to the pres and he did this transfer! so now i get to see him every zone conference and maybe other times as well! so i guess it comes with being an older missionary but it was so weird seeing all the missionaries at transfers because alot of them i didnt know and they knew me? like they said hey elder houston and im like heyyy haha and they say i have not met ya but heard alot about you haha i hope its all good what they hear ha.. but it was a testimony to me that i need to watch all that i do and say it was a good feeling to know that they all know me for good reasons tho... a really good feeling. makes me always even after the mission make sure like it says hornor my father and mother. so when people hear my name it is all for good reasons. it talks about that in my p blessing any way it was cool.
but ya so i got to the end of my loop and met my new comp. elder taggert is his name.. he just got done being trained and he is from a town of 900 people in colorado haha he is awesome.. he funny and is always laughing which i am loving it just makes it so hard not to have a great time all the time. we are geting along way great and the area is so awesome. they doing loads of lessons and have had so many baptisms. it was so awesome sunday too because i got to see people from the chesterfield ward, which was my last last area. and im going to see courtnie today !!!!! im so excited she was the lady i was teaching for 7 months and finally was baptized a couple weeks ago! its been a great week and im really excited to get back to being crazy busy ! this friday we will also get to meet pres shumway and his wife which im really looking forward too. well i got to go,,, oh man i almost forgot haha mom you would have beat me up too,,, ha my new address is.. 4347 south weller apt. number B50 springfield, mo 65804.
well i love you all and hopefully i will have some good stories to tell ya when i get back next week.. cant wait to hear from yall and glad you all had fun in texas!!
love elderhouston

No comments:

Post a Comment